It's Been A While...

|

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Well, well, well...
Look what the cat dragged in, eh?
It's me!
I'm still here. Working on lots of things, all of which are not yet finished, but still writing. Yes indeed.
I feel bad for not posting in such a long time (12 days, le gasp), especially since I left all you loyal readers with such a horrible short story for that time (shudder).
So I made something up in the last three minutes, which is somewhat appropriate after my week-and-a-half period of silence. This is called "Soft-Spoken," which is a thing that I am not. I was looking through my journals for English class today, and over half of them were stamped with the purple cat. The purple cat represents my having shared my thoughts on the topic in front of the class, and qualifies me for extra credit. That's seven journals that I've shared. Most of my classmates have three. Actually, most have none, maybe one. What can I say? I love to talk, and I have a lot to say! So here it is.

Soft-Spoken

I think that perhaps I will speak less,
So that when I have something to say,
People will raptedly listen,
And my words will have power to sway.

4 Poetry Snaps:

skylarmacrae said...

Those who speak little are not often heard. Many with the most powerful of voices have been heard. Don't limit your words if they contain critical content. People listen. I listen. Choosing to not speak as often might decrease you ability to be heard.
"I sound my barbaric YAWP over the rooftops of the world." -Walt Whitman
Speak love, and be heard.

Alexa said...

Yet as I have found, speaking too often bores people to death.
And dead people generally have a hard time hearing.
But thanks. :) It's good to know
that
someone
is listening.

And that was a little bonus poem just for you.

Anonymous said...

I'm listening :)

Alexa said...

You people make me happy. c:

Post a Comment