The Archives: Disgusting Sappy Love Poetry

|

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I have to post these before I forget.

(sigh) And this is the embarrassing part of being a writer: love poetry.
Once upon a time I was not in love with boys, and then suddenly I was. It was kind of scary. I had this weird crush for some reason on this kid (he shall remain unnamed...), and I had this... shrine-like collection of things I made about him. Namely, two comic strips, a bunch of pictures, and two poems.
The only thing I can share without dying of embarrassment is the poetry.
And you know, the funny thing is that now I look back and can hardly believe I liked him. He was kind of... icky.
Anyways, these are two nursery-rhyme-type love poems of disgusting sickly sweetness. The first one is from me to him, and the second from him to me. And... I wrote them both. Can I say desperate?

Dear Moon,
You are the moon, and I'm just a star,
You don't know me, but I know who you are.
I wish to give you my deepest love,
For now I will simply gaze from above.
But you are the moon, and I'm just a star,
And all I can do is watch from afar.
I'm not near as pretty as others, it's true,
But someday I'll shine just as brightly as you.

Love,
A Star


Dear Star,
I am the moon, and you are a star,
You don't think I see, but I know who you are.
I know you are looking at me from up there,
Did you really think that I just didn't care?
I love you, I love you, I love you, my dear,
And with me around you have no need to fear.
You are one of many, but just watch and see,
You are the star who most matters to me
.I promise to cherish and to hold you tight,
Together our glory will surpass the night.
I love you, I love you, a thousand times more,
The heavens will sing with our ev'ning amor.
Come closer, my darling, my beautiful friend,
Come dance with me, and our joy will not end.

Love,
The Moon

6 Poetry Snaps:

skylarmacrae said...

Awwwwww! How cute! ;) haha
Romantics unite!

Alexa said...

Ich, I suppose so.
*unites with Skylar*

skylarmacrae said...

Despite it's ickiness, the imagery and personification you used really made me like this duo.
By romantics, I wasn't referring to people who are romantic in nature. I was referring to people such as you and I who go to the forest to live deliberately and suck all the marrow out of the bones of life.
That's me. I believe that is you as well. We are united in that regard. :) perhaps romantically at another time... Haha

Alexa said...

Don't get ahead of yourself there. ;)

skylarmacrae said...

She loves me...
She loves me not :(

Alexa said...

Oh, don't be sad...
D8
I didn't mean it that way. No, sir, not at all!
Here, have a hug. *hugs*

Post a Comment