And Now To Lighten Things Up A Little Bit...

|

Saturday, May 7, 2011

What with all this dark sad sadistic blah blah blah angst poetry, I thought I might make an interlude and post another poem today so you all don't feel so depressed and such. "Loony" is one of my newer poems, and also one of my favorites. Kudos to you if you can determine what it means. Here's a hint: Return to Oz.

Loony

I sure been sweet
Ever since that day in the candy sweet sweet shop,
Sippin’ up soda pop
Soda soda pop pop pop pop pop
Pop pop pop pop pop pop stop
Stop all this nonsense
No sense nonsense
Ha ha ha sense
Fine scents,
Nine cents,
I make mine sense.

Strawberry sweet pops,
Cool little cherry drops,
Suck em up until they’re dry
They are special just for I,
No one gets them ‘cept for I,
I am special,
So am I.

Pluck the feathers from the walls,
Tickle each other down the halls
Stop this nonsense.
This is fun sense!
Pull the stuffing from the floor,
I don’t want it anymore.

Tightrope-walkin’ on a high-barbed-wire fence,
Crowds look up with wide-eyed wonder-wow,
Come down quick, right now,
No how!
I’m the high-wire act for the Greatest Show on Earth
And can’t no one tell me what I am worth,
Cos I know I’m at least a dollar’s worth,
Steppin’ on pokies with a balance in each hand,
Smile to the grandstand.
Strike up the circus band!

And when the show is done,
Wrap me in a hug,
All warm, all snug,
Squeeze me tight until I’m squoze
The world is dang’rous, I suppose.
And when you leave I’ll hug me, too,
So I don’t have to wait for you.

Unsense

Nonsense

Ha ha ha sense
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha--

Dancing in the sun warm,
Got a poky in my arm,
Dandelion bubble seeds go pop,
Sun stops,
What is this place?
Whose face?
T’ain’t my face.
That is her face.
Whose face?
My face?

You got it wrong, ma’am.
I know exactly where I am,
Sippin’ soda pop in the candy sweet sweet shop,
Suckin’ on a cherry drop.
Stop this nonsense.
You make no sense!
I make fine sense,
This is mine sense.

3 Poetry Snaps:

Heather said...

This makes me feel like I've eaten a 5 gallon bucket of halloween candy from 5 years ago, and that I have in the process received a concussion that caused me to think that I was 5!!! I love it! :) It also reminds me of caffeine though I have never tried it.

EAL said...

I'm seeing a dementedly cheerful little girl narrating this...the third stanza is my favorite.

Alexa said...

Yeah, that's exactly how I performed it. Glad you could pick up that vibe.

Post a Comment