Guest Writer: Evelyn L. (AKA EAL) and Her Odd Ramblings

|

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Welcome once again to Illiterations' guest writer series! (I got a clap track after the last episode. If you listen really hard, you can hear it playing from where I live).

Today's feature is the ever-lovely, young, brilliant, amazing--ahem. Sorry. I could go on for ages about her, and I certainly don't want to bore anyone while I go on about this lovely lady. Of Assembling Imaginations, this is Evelyn L. (also known as EAL).

Not only does Evelyn write poetry; she also draws! (It's freaky. We're, like, twins or something...) I am an avid follower of her blog, not only because of her poetry, but also because I keep hoping to catch a glimpse of her mysterious Utopia Project. All I know (so far) is that it involves Europe, fighting, magic, and three years' worth of writing. Naturally, I'm a little curious.

I was also amazed to discover that she's even younger than I am! Just goes to show that talent and good writing can come from anywhere. c:

About herself, Evelyn says:

EAL, who was born in Illinois but raised in Norcal, will no longer be speaking about herself in third person.  I draw and play instruments, but writing is my main method of being creative.  Currently, I’m fighting my way through revisions of my finished story Utopia Project, with some short stories, poems, and possible longer works on the side.  I’m inspired by a lot of things: namely, books, landscapes, architecture, the ocean, and the odd ramblings of my brain.

So, without further ado, here is an odd rambling from the brain of Evelyn L.!



Blue-Eyes
Your eyes are stars, supernovae
But like black holes they pull me in

And implosions happen when I see you
Which is good because explosions

Are messy like finger-paint
And if I were five

I would choose my bluest crayon
To draw your eyes

Except they would be too round
And I would think of Neptune

Discovered by calculations
Existing as speculation before being found

A Roman god, a knockoff Poseidon
But that just isn’t you

Tell me what you mean
Tell me who you are

And, actually, I don’t even know
What kind of blue your eyes are

Blue like ocean under sun or
Blue like blood under skin

Because I keep forgetting
Even when I remember to look

For the black hole swallows even light
And under those bright supernovae

Color doesn’t really matter
Does it, blue-eyes?
This is Renee Montero from my plotless story which currently has the working title GW.  She's a little bit evil.

Like what you've seen? Read more at assemblingimaginations.blogspot.com!

Do you compose poetry, write prose, make art, or take photographs? Then you deserve to be recognized! Find out how!

3 Poetry Snaps:

EAL said...

Thanks so much for the feature! *-*

Alexa said...

Soitenly, my dear!
It was my pleasure. c:

Kevin Routh said...

Great poem!

Post a Comment